Project Management Introduction: Part 1
|Dates:||September 3-27, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add email@example.com to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
In today’s business environment, there is a need for good project management. Project management provides visibility of project health to the business and the customer. Through continuous monitoring, early detection of variations to plan, schedule, and budget can be communicated to stakeholder for quick resolution, including project cancelation. Project management is one of the fastest paths to promotion by increasing your network through greater exposure. You will have the skills, tools and templates to confidently develop and maintain a project. An overview of salaries, certification costs, education and experience requirements are provided. We hope you will choose Project Management as a career.
Unit 1 Project Management Overview
- Project Manager’s Responsibilities & Commitment
- Certification Requirements & Costs
- Project Framework Preview
Unit 2 Tools & Templates
- Project Process Checklist
- Project Charter Template
- Communications Templates
Unit 3 Creating a Project
- Creating a project plan and schedule in MS Project
- Creating charter and team/stakeholder matrices
Unit 4 Managing the Project - Prepare a Project Status Deck
- Creating status deck (format, content, operating rhythm, etc.)
- Collecting Detail Status
- Presenting Summary Status
- Simulating project close-out & celebrate
What you will do:
The instructor will lead the class and the students will participate in the class discussion. If you have MS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL software on your computer, you can practice using the tools and templates by mimicking the class content.
To provide the students with:
- Experience project management by creating and managing a project
- Exposure to a basic set of tools and templates
- Process outline for managing projects
- Information to make a decision to choose project management as a career
You will have the necessary set of skills, processes, tools and templates to confidently setup, manage and close-out a project. Each student will be provide with and electronic set of:
- All class created documents
- Instructor’s course presentation materials
- Certificate of Completion
About Your Instructor
has a Masters in Logistics Management and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 30 years’ experience managing projects within medium and large companies, domestically and internationally. He has managed projects in Vietnam, Indonesia, Brunei and the USA in the areas of construction, refinery operations, inventory management, aerospace manufacturing, and software development, implementation and testing. He now manages his own consultant services company.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will help in any way we can.