Intermediate Excel (Level 2)
|Dates:||October 7 - November 1, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace.
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add email@example.com to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
This course will help you increase your efficiency by learning how to organize, display and calculate your data into useful information. Find out how you can consolidate your data proficiently into readable rows and columns using different table designs and styles. Create a unique style for yourself to improve your spreadsheet appearance to make the content easier to understand for your target audience. Learn from the trainer on how beneficial it is to become more productive in generating different everyday business functions. Discover how easily pivot tables can be created to quickly summarize large amounts of data. Through this course, these tasks will make your work outstanding and unique in what you do.
Unit 1 - Organizing Worksheet and Table Data
- Introduction to tables
- Formatting tables using table styles
- Using formulas in tables
- Sorting and Filtering table data
Unit 2 - Understanding Popular Excel Functions
- Understanding Named Ranges
- Applying business functions
- Creating functions that handle text
- Performing basic lookup functions
- Creating functions that work with dates and times
Unit 3 - Improving Worksheet Appearance Formatting cells in worksheets
- Correcting common function errors
- Creating and using templates
- Customizing Excel toolbar
Unit 4 - Analyzing Data Using Data Validation and Pivot Tables
- Understanding how to convert text to columns
- Understanding how to analyze spreadsheet data
- Understanding the basic pivot table layout and key terms
- Creating and formatting simple pivot tables
- Learn how to operate Excel as a spreadsheet creation and management tool
- Understand the various kinds of spreadsheets that Excel can read and create
- Discover how various menu items, commands, settings and processes affects the look of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Use Excel in practical applications for every day business use
- Explore how Excel integrates with other Office modules, like Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand how to use Excel to create effective spreadsheets for use in business
- Know what the various parts of a Excel worksheet are and how to control them
- Understand how to create a Excel worksheet from scratch
- Learn how to add pictures, charts, graphs and labels to your work
- Understand what is most effective in the presentation and delivery of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Have created several Excel worksheets that you can use as templates for future work
About Your Instructor Amy Klous
completed a BA in Entrepreneurship and an MBA. She has nearly 20 years' experience in marketing and the majority of that time was spent working for corporations using Excel to analyze sales and industry data. Her Excel students appreciate the hands-on learning and Amy’s patient teaching style. Amy runs a marketing advising and training business where she helps overwhelmed small businesses feel comfortable and understand how to market their business effectively.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will help in any way we can.