Mastering Computer Skills for the Workplace
|Dates:||February 1-26, 2021|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE: add email@example.com to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 17 openings remaining at this time.
Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel) are the most used software in the world. Stay current with your skills with our class, which is always up-to-date and will change as the features of MS Office change over time. Master the most common uses so that you can work faster and more efficiently and have a set of skills that are a workplace requirement in today’s fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Unit 1 Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Explore the different parts of the Word document and document navigation
- Learn how to format paragraphs, line spacing and fonts
- Add and modify bullets, lists, tables, headers, footers, page numbers and page breaks
- Insert graphical elements including drawing objects, pictures, and charts
- Utilize proofing features like spell check and grammar check
Unit 2 Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Explore the different parts of the Excel worksheet and document navigation
- Understand cells and their makeup and how to populate, format and merge cells
- Create and manage formulas, tables, charts and multiple worksheet “workbooks”
- Printing and PDF file creation including setting print areas
Unit 3 Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint
- Explore the different parts of the PowerPoint presentation
- Understand slides and their makeup
- Create, insert and format slides
- Insert and modify text, tables, charts, graphics, videos and images
Unit 4 Microsoft Outlook
- Understand Outlook navigation and how the various aspects work together
- View, create and respond to email messages; format emails and set signature(s)
- Email etiquette: CC, BCC, threads, quoting and textual interpretation
- Navigate and search email folders
- Set email forwarding and filtering rules
- Request and edit appointments and respond to meeting requests
- Learn the fundamental computer competencies you need to succeed in today’s workplace
- Learn how to operate Excel as a spreadsheet creation and management tool
- Learn how to operate Word as a document creation and management tool
- Learn how to operate PowerPoint as a presentation creation and management tool
- Learn how to operate Outlook as a communications and scheduling tool
- Discover how various menu items, commands, settings and processes affects the look of your Excel worksheets, PowerPoint presentation, Word files and Outlook emails
-Explore how Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook integrate with each other
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand how to use Excel to create effective spreadsheets for use in business
- Understand how to use Word to create effective documents for use in business
- Understand how to use PowerPoint to create effective presentations for use in business
- Understand how to use Outlook to manage communication and scheduling
- Know how Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook integrate with each other and can be used together
About Your Instructor
is a business architect, innovator and entrepreneur. With a passion for workforce engagement, she co-founded WorkStrengths, where she advises individuals on career strategy and companies on best practices in workforce management including talent management, professional development, motivation and retention strategies. Flanagan’s professional history includes founding successful startups, top corporate executive strategic advisory work, line management responsibility in startups and large organizations, innovation and change management agent, and being investor relations company spokesperson for a Fortune 25 company.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will help in any way we can.