Introduction to Coding
|Dates:||June 1-26, 2020|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE: to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 10 openings remaining at this time.
After taking this course in “Introduction to Coding,” you will be introduced to the basics of computer programing and various programing languages. New technologies allow people outside of the computer science field to be able to create their own web pages using code. Students will learn the basics of HTML, CSS, and Java Script in this course, as well as the practical uses for each.
Unit 1 Introduction to Programming
- Types of programming languages
- Practical Uses of Programing
- Text Editors
Unit 2: Basic HTML/CSS
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Making a Simple Web Page
Unit 3: Drawing and Coloring using Code
- Elements of Java Script
- Basic Drawing Using Code
- Basic Coloring Using Code
Unit 4: Basic Animation using Code
- Uses of Animation
- Animation Basics
- Making a Simple Animation
- To introduce students to computer programing.
- To teach the basics of HTML & CSS Code.
- To teach the basics of Java Script.
- To teach students how to make a simple web page.
- To teach how to draw and color using code
- To teach how to make simple animation using code.
Upon successful completion of the course you will:
- be able to write simple HTML code.
- be able to make a simple webpage.
- be able to draw and color using code
- be able to make a simple animation.
About Your Instructor
has many years of experience in online instructional technology. He recently completed the “Advanced Online Instructor” certificate with the Online Learning Consortium. He has a Ph.D in Education and is currently a Professor in Teacher Education at a leading Midwestern University.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?> We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will help in any way we can.