Microsoft Excel: Level 3
|Dates:||August 3-28, 2020|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE: to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
This course is part 3 of a 3-part series. Courses must be taken in order. All courses are offered 2-3 times per year. We are faced with different types of business decisions each day that can change the data we work with along with our financial outcomes. Have you ever wondered what type of workplace skills you can learn to make wiser decisions? Learning Advanced Excel contains these tools that can help you prepare your worksheets accurately, examine your data for authentication, and then find those answers to your most difficult questions. This course will help you learn these required business functions along with the tools required to analyze data efficiently within the workplace. Save time for yourself by protecting your valuable data and know with assurance that the entered data is accurate without any errors. By completing the course, discover how to attractively visualize your data into meaningful information with confidence.
Agenda Unit 1 -
- Advanced Functions Used To Make Business Decisions
- Applying multiple criteria to functions
- Using And criteria
- Using Or criteria
- Using And and Or and Not criteria
- Advanced Logical functions
- Using If -Then control statements
- Implementing If functions with Aggregate functions
Unit 2 - Functions Used to Make Financial Decisions
- Learning basic financial functions
- Applying functions to perform loan calculations
- Computing loan payments
- Computing interest rate
- Computing number of payment periods
- Computing present value of a loan
- Working with additional functions
Unit 3 - Applying Different Scenarios Using Excel Data Tools
- Understanding Different What-If Analysis Tools
- Performing What-If Analysis to see how data changes outcomes in formulas
- Using Scenario Manager
- Using Data Tables
- Using Goal Seek
- Applying rules to manage cell data
- Implement validation rules to avoid invalid entries
- Entering validation rules
- Avoiding duplicate data entries
Unit 4 - Powerful Tools Used to Complete Data Implementation and Analysis
- Exporting and Importing Data into Workbook
- Protecting a workbook
- Making improved business decisions using pivot tables
- Creating an Excel Dshboard to visually display relevant data
- Learn how to operate Excel as a spreadsheet creation and management tool
- Understand the various kinds of spreadsheets that Excel can read and create
- Discover how various menu items, commands, settings and processes affects the look of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Use Excel in practical applications for every day business use
- Explore how Excel integrates with other MS Office modules including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand how to use Excel to create effective spreadsheets for use in business
- Know what the various parts of a Excel worksheet are and how to control them
- Understand how to create a Excel worksheet from scratch
- Learn how to add pictures, charts, graphs and labels to your work
- Understand what is most effective in the presentation and delivery of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Have created several Excel worksheets that you can use as templates for future work
About Your Instructor John Rutledge.
With over 25 years’ experience in the IT field, John Rutledge has a BA in Psychology and a Diploma in Computer Programming as well as having received numerous certifications and awards. He holds a Microsoft Office Master Certification and has a globally-recognized ICDL (International Computer Driver’s License) certification as well. John was the Manager of a Technical Support Desk for a multinational for several years. Prior to that, he held roles as Project Lead on a national software implementation project, Systems Analyst and Programmer Analyst. Currently the owner of an IT Consultancy firm, John works regularly with businesses of all sizes to assist them in understanding and managing their data.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
and we will help in any way we can.