Workplace Communication - Using Personality Profiles: Part 3
|Dates:||November 4-29, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace.
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $295.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
Understanding yourself and others will increase your overall effectiveness at work, home, and in all of your relationships. Learn how to improve your communication with others, convey your ideas effectively, and improve your ability to understand what is important to those who don’t share your same style. Course fee includes your own DiSC Behavioral Personality Profile assessment and review.
Unit1 Understanding the DiSC Profile
- Getting to know the four styles of the DiSC profile
Unit 2 Communicating effectively with each style
- Understanding preferences for communicating
- The most effective and influential communicators
- Knowing how to reach and be understood by others
- Insights into barriers that each style has
- Clarifying detractors and enhancements for each style
Unit 3 Increasing your Success Part 1
- In depth analysis of the D and I behavioral styles from the DiSC profile
- Creating action plans for D and I styles
Unit 4 Increasing your Success Part 2
- Analyzing the other two behavioral styles from the DiSC profile: S and C
- Developing action plans for S and C styles
- Understand your behavioral tendencies
- Understand the impact of your behavior on others
- Understand how you perceive others
- Recognize how others perceive you
- Improve your communication with others
- Understand how to link employee behaviors to create the job performance you need
- Understand different types of motivation and rewards
- Understand the benefits of having your employees engaged
- Learn how to adapt your behavior to the needs of a situation
About Your Instructor
The instructor, Sally Klauss
, MBA, CPCC, has an extensive background in management, employee training and development, total quality management and business management. She is also a leadership coach specializing in management development. She has experience teaching this program face-to-face for Riverside Community College.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
and we will help in any way we can.