|Dates:||November 4-29, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add email@example.com to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
LinkedIn is the most popular business social network and the webs site for professionals to network, build business relationships, and provide or receive referrals. Most people rarely get beyond setting up a profile and therefore miss out on all the advanced features that have come to make LinkedIn so popular. Learn how to set-up your personal profile so that it gets noticed by others. Discover how LinkedIn can be used to generate leads, recruit new employees, and find new jobs. This class will cover all the intricacies of LinkedIn to help you create, customize, and optimize your presence on LinkedIn.
Unit 1 LinkedIn Overview and the Personal Profile
- How to network online and where LinkedIn fits on the social network continuum
- Learn what can you do with LinkedIn and where it fits in your business
- Set your goals for using LinkedIn
- Discover the basic elements of LinkedIn and how it is different from other networks
- Set-up your LinkedIn account and create your personal profile
Unit 2 Complete and optomize your LinkedIn profile
- Learn to manage your account settings
- Customize all your profile element to get noticed and found in search
- Tips and tricks that make for a great LinkedIn profile
Unit 3 Communicating and connecting on LinkedIn
- How to connect your profile with your contacts and finding strategic contacts
- Send messages and understand the hidden culture of LinkedIn
- Discover how to use recommendations and endorsements effectively
- Join and participate in groups that are important to your professional goals
- Learn how to communicate with your connections through the activity feed
Unit 4 - Groups and Business Pages: Hidden Gems of LinkedIn
- Learn how to run your own group and be a community manager on LinkedIn
- Discover how to build your company page on LinkedIn
- Review the paid options for LinkedIn services
- Final tips & additional LinkedIn features
- Understand how to set up a LinkedIn profile that gets results
- Learn how to build a network and use LinkedIn for business
- Discover how LinkedIn fits into your business strategy
- Grow your community by using LinkedIn groups and business pages
- At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand how to network online and the value of LinkedIn
- Know how to set up all elements your LinkedIn profile and manage account settings
- Understand how to use groups to build your online network
- Develop a plan for using LinkedIn in your business life
- Have the skills to use LinkedIn as a professional tool to further your career
About Your Instructor: Jennifer Selke,
social media expert
is a nationally known expert, speaker and consultant in the area of social media. She is a faculty member in the University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Education and is affiliated with the Berkeley Center for New Media. She speaks at national conferences on the subject of social networks, writes articles on the subject, and conducts webinars for professionals on the topic.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will help in any way we can.