Mastering Microsoft Excel (Level 1)
|Dates:||September 3-27, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $195.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 18 openings remaining at this time.
A must-have skill to succeed in business, whether an entrepreneur or a valued employee, is the ability to create, edit and manage spreadsheets. Microsoft Excel is the most used spreadsheet tool in the world. Stay current with this class, as it is always up-to-date and will change as the features of Excel change over time. Examine the life of an Excel worksheet and workbook, from creation to presentation. Learn how an Excel worksheet is constructed, populated with content, and edited for delivery. Master the options that can take your Excel worksheet from plain, drab numbers to exciting and engaging multimedia. You will leave class with a set of skills that are in high demand and will be a deciding factor in your future success.
Unit 1 Excel From The Ground Up
- Why businesses use Excel for spreadsheet management
- Technical requirements to use Excel (and all Office modules)
- Launch Excel and create your first Excel worksheet
- Discover how to protect and save your document
- Set your document’s Properties and Attributes including Subject, Title and Author
Unit 2 Excel Document Creation
- Explore the different parts of the Excel worksheet and document navigation
- Understand cells and their makeup
- Learn how to populate, format and merge cells
- Create multiple worksheet “workbooks”
- Learn how to insert comments and check spelling
Unit 3 Advanced Features and Functionality
- Create and manage formulas and functions
- Filter and sort tables and data
- Create “live” connections between multiple worksheets
- Create effective and informative table and charts
Unit 4 Excel Management and Sharing
- Create meaningful file names and understand filing systems to manage Excel documents
- Organize your documents on your hard drive and learn how to copy and move documents
- Manage track changes when co-authoring documents
- Printing and PDF file creation including setting print areas
- Learn how to export Excel tables and charts to PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
- Use Outlook to send Excel worksheets and workbooks to other users
- Learn how to operate Excel as a spreadsheet creation and management tool
- Understand the various kinds of spreadsheets that Excel can read and create
- Discover how various menu items, commands, settings and processes affects the look of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Use Excel in practical applications for every day business use
- Explore how Excel integrates with other Office modules, like Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand how to use Excel to create effective spreadsheets for use in business
- Know what the various parts of a Excel worksheet are and how to control them
- Understand how to create a Excel worksheet from scratch
- Learn how to add pictures, charts, graphs and labels to your work
- Understand what is most effective in the presentation and delivery of your Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Have created several Excel worksheets that you can use as templates for future work
About Your Instructor
is a business architect, innovator and entrepreneur. With a passion for workforce engagement, she co-founded WorkStrengths where she advises individuals on career strategy and companies on best practices in workforce management including talent management, professional development, motivation and retention strategies. Flanagan’s professional history includes founding successful startups, top corporate executive strategic advisory work, line management responsibility in startups and large organizations, innovation and change management agent, and being Investor Relations company spokesperson for a Fortune 25 company.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
For each unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
and we will help in any way we can.