Lean Six Sigma
|Dates:||November 4-29, 2019|
|Meets:||Online; work at your own pace
|Instructor:|| LERN |
|Fee:|| $245.00 |
An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage your online course.
Please NOTE to eliminate the possibility of the email invitation filtering as spam, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe Senders List. Call 440-525-7116 if you encounter any problems.
There are 20 openings remaining at this time.
In today’s world, Lean is a part of the business environment. Lean Six Sigma attacks inefficiencies, non-value-added wastes caused by defects, non value-added flow of information or materials, non-productive time, data storage, stacks of inventory, overproduction and extra processing. With Lean Six Sigma techniques, you will have the skills to lead successfully in both service and manufacturing industries. No pre-requisites required!
Unit 1 Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
- Organizational Leadership
Unit 2 Lean Six Sigma Project Management
- Linking Projects to Goals
- Problem Solving Methodologies
- Project Selection and Planning
Unit 3 Measurement Techniques
- Normal Distribution and Process Capability
Unit 4 Analysis and Improvement Techniques
- To provide participants tools to enable them to improve the quality of their products or services.
- To give participants an appreciation of value added activities and why focusing on the customer expectations and needs is important.
- To provide an understanding of wastes, how to identify them, and ways to eliminate the wastes from processes.
- To have participants learn tools that will help them measure improvement and save their organization time and money.
- To have participants learn Lean Culture and the process for changing organizational culture.
After taking this course, you will:
- Know Lean and Six Sigma terminology and concepts.
- Understand the Lean and Six Sigma methods and applications.
- Understand Value Added and Muda within organizations and their systems.
- Know how to measure and evaluate changes and improvements in their organizations.
- Gain an appreciation for the importance of Lean and Six Sigma from a global perspective.
About Your Instructor
is an engineer with many years of experience working with organizations. In addition to working with corporations and other organizations as a Master Blackbelt, he served as an Education Chair and Section Chairman for the American Society for Quality. He has also served as an examiner for the Malcolm Baldrige Award and as a Judge and Senior Examiner for the Arkansas Quality Award. Currently, he is working as a Lean and Six Sigma consultant for several companies as well as teaching Lean and Six Sigma courses.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with and get to know the instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It's easy to participate in this online course! An email invitation will be sent by the Wednesday prior to the course start date with details to login and manage the course. You will be given a web address to go to enter the classroom along with a password. Use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on two to three different days of the week.
What you will do
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- Make comments on the discussion board (try to make one or more comments at two to three different times each day to keep up with the conversation).
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead or go back and review again at your convenience.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing (no audio required) and can be made at any time of the day or night. Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants. We encourage you to make two or three comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Still have questions?
We are here for you! Call 440.525.7116
or send an e-mail to email@example.com
and we will help in any way we can.